School for all grades begins at 8:30 am. We ask for your cooperation in not dropping off students before 8:00 am. Students will not be allowed in the building prior to 7:40 am. Use the front door when entering the school, as the other doors will be locked for safety reasons.
Morning bell: 8:25 a.m.
School starts: 8:30 a.m.
Dismissal Bell: 2:50 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday)
Students need to be picked up by 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday-Dismissal Bell: 2:10 p.m. - Students need to be picked up by 2:20 p.m.
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Important Phone Numbers:
Murphy Main Office: 327-5880
District 318 Central Enrollment: 327-5707
Food and Nutrition: 327-5771
Murphy Kitchen's Computerized
This is how it works...
· Each family in the district has a school meals account. Account numbers are assigned to families in the beginning of the year.
· It is a prepayment system.
· Students may make deposits into their accounts by bringing their money to the cooks. Parents may send deposits to: Food & Nutrition, 800 Conifer Drive, Grand Rapids, MN 55744.
· Every deposit must have the student's name and account number on it.
· Families with more than one student only need to send one check per family, not one check per student. This holds true even if they are in different buildings.
· Students are encouraged to bring enough money for a weeks worth of meals but may choose to bring enough for a month, or entire year.
· Students enter their Lunch ID # on a keypad as they go through the lunch line.
· Each time a student eats a school breakfast or lunch, the program will record a deduction for the purchase.
· A record of your children's account is sent home each month.
· All existing balances will automatically be carried over to the next school year.
· Please ask your children to keep their account number confidential and in a safe location.
· If a student loses their account number, they can contact the Food & Nutrition office at 327-5771.
Student Illness Guidelines
When students are not feeling well, the following guidelines are used:
Children will be going outside before school and after lunch if the weather is agreeable and the temperature is above zero. When the weather gets warmer, students must wear appropriate clothing for the "educational day". Elementary schools follow the middle school dress protocol which states the following: